Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Monday Morning Poetry

Yep. I was bored at work Monday morning, too. But I'm just now getting around to posting it. Actually, I think that is a record for me to have another post so soon. I'm on a roll!

Poem #1

I reached a conclusion
Early this morning at 5
While I was trying
To keep myself alive.
The freezing cold
Was getting to me,
And it brought me to this epiphany:
I don't want to work anymore,
I don't want to quit -
That would be a bore.
And I'm not about to get fired,
But wouldn't it be nice
If I could just be retired!
Just think - It would be so great!
I could stay up
and sleep in late!
I could spend all day
Doing whatever I wanted,
I could even visit
A house most haunted!
I wish I could retire
While I am still young.
Then I wouldn't miss out
On all the fun!
Poem #2
I'm much too old,
To get up so early
And be out in the cold!
But at least I'm warm now,
So I guess I'll stop
Having a cow.
A winter girl, I am not!
But I must admit,
The weekend snow hit the spot.
My nephew and I had a blast,
At least until I got
Too cold to last!
Poem #3
Full of contradictions, that I am.
First I'm young, then I'm old.
And now my tale is all told.
For now. :)
Kind of dorky. But it kept me entertained for a bit. And that made the work day go by faster!

4 comments:

Trina said...

Funny! How do you like your new look? The tree paper ended up being small...not sure why that is. I'll have to mess around later when I have more time

tammy said...

Oh, and that was supposed to be from me, not from yourself!

Trina said...

Thanks Tammy! I love it!

AnnaMarie said...

wow! that was some good poems!