Monday, January 14, 2008

why is it?

Why is it that whenever I bake something for a specific reason, as opposed to baking something just because I feel like it, it turns out wrong? It drives me crazy! I baked turtle squares for YW tomorrow and I think I added too much caramel even though I added less than the recipe called for. Sigh. Now I'll have to figure out something else to take for the treats tomorrow night.


Oh...and by the way, Gaston read my blog and pointed out the sheet and comforter set we bought is blue and brown, not green and brown. I know we looked at some in both color schemes so I got a little forgetful in my old age. Oh, well. :)

3 comments:

tammy said...

It might not be the caramel. Did you use butter or margarine? I found it works best with butter. Once I used margarine, and didn't quite have enough, and added some margarine from the tub. They were totally ruined.

tammy said...

the chicken tortilla soup recipe is here: http://jens-randomthoughts.blogspot.com/2008/01/whats-for-dinner.html

My friend had just posted it, so I didn't want to. I can email it to you, too. I serve it with crispy tortilla strips on top.

tammy said...

When are you going to post something else?