Wednesday, May 25, 2011

procrastination

Yeah, I know it's been 2 years since I last wrote something on here. What are you going to do about it? :)

Right now I really should be preparing a talk on personal sacrifice for the benefit of others for Sunday, but I'm procrastinating. I don't know why I think that if I don't want to do something, it will go away if I ignore it. I was the same way when I was in school. I would always leave my homework until the night before it was due, and then I would be up late trying to finish it. Apparently, I never learned my lesson. But I guess it could be worse - it could be Saturday night right now, so I guess I have gotten somewhat better, even though I am still procrastinating slightly right now. I just always struggle with preparing talks. And then I shake when I am up in front speaking. This is coming from someone who once wanted to be President of the United States. Yeah, I wouldn't have made it very far in politics without having to speak in public. Good thing I changed my mind when I got to high school.

Well, I guess I really shouldn't put off finding info for my talk any longer. I want to be able to read it while I'm stuck at the boring reception desk at work tomorrow.

Or perhaps I'll work on something crafty for a bit instead.... ;)

2 comments:

tammy said...

I like writing talks, but I hate standing up and giving them. Taylor's gotten a lot of compliments on some of the talks I've written for him : ) That's a harder subject though than keeping the sabbath day holy. I'm sure you'll do great.

tammy said...

And I was surprised when I saw your blog had something written on it.