Wednesday, February 13, 2013

valentines

I love Valentine's Day! I don't really care about the romance side of it, however. I like making little Valentines and the cute decorations and making heart shaped sugar cookies. I actually had two of my nephews and one niece over last weekend to help me decorate sugar cookies. It was a lot of fun. At least I thought it was. My 9-year-old nephew decorated about three cookies, which he proceeded to eat, and then he was done. The 11-year-old decorated a few more than the ones he ate before he had enough of it. The 7-year-old stuck with me until the end. She had fun and was very creative.

Monday night, I made Valentine tags for my Sunbeams (the 3-year-olds I teach at church).

I used Papertrey Ink stamps and Memento ink on some Neenah cardstock. Then I colored them with Copics. I added a little Fired Brick Distress Ink to the edges of the tags, and then added some Stickles because you can always use a little glitter. ;-)

Then I punched holes and tied them to Mini M&Ms with bakers twine (blue is from Twisted Sugar Twine; red is The Twinery). Oh, I used Tombow adhesive.

Simple, but cute!

I'm still trying to figure out this app, so I'm not sure where the photos will end up on this post. I guess I'll find out!







2 comments:

tammy said...

Those are super cute! Gotta love sunbeams.

tammy said...

And also, our cute nieces and nephews.