Thursday, May 16, 2013

sightseeing

As I was leaving work today, a man stopped me to ask me for directions. He had an accent, so I knew he wasn't from around here. I told him I would try to help, but I am not the best at giving directions. He wanted to know where the Great Salt Lake was on the map posted on the street. It was just a map of the city, so I told him it wasn't on it. He asked where it was, and I told him north of here. He asked how long it took to get there and was there a train, or could he walk, or would he have to drive. I know it's too far to walk, but I honestly had no idea. He then asked isn't going to the lake special? I really didn't know how to answer that. I've lived here in Utah my whole life, and I vaguely remember going there once. So that got me thinking and wondering about other touristy things we have around here that I've never seen, or haven't seen in a long time. Maybe I need to take a day and play tourist around here. It could be a lot of fun. 

P.S. My birthday was good, despite my poor attitude. And then the day after, Gaston and I went to the Tulip Festival, and I got some great photos. If I ever blog from a computer again, I'll have to post a few. 

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Trisha said...

I say we need to go this summer!

It really is a fun unique place- you can get REAL salt water taffy, play in the water, see the historic stuff.

That is funny that he had a map that didn't show it. Tourists! :)

tammy said...

There are many things I haven't done here in AZ and we've lived here 16 years now. It was fun to do a couple of things while J&K were here. And I can't believe I've never taken the boys to Lagoon on one of our many trips to UT! Sometimes it's fun to do touristy things.