Tuesday, January 7, 2014

my goal

I don't know about you, but I tend to never keep New Years resolutions. I try, and then fail. I actually seem to do better when I set a goal other times in the year. Weird, I know. However, just these past couple days, I've decided to set a goal, and I hope I can achieve it. I've decided that I won't start any new projects this year until I finish the ones I have started. Or at the very least, I'm not to start anything new until I have finished a project. This may be very hard for me to do, as I always have ideas of things I want to do/create, and I want to start them right that second. (Patience is not one of my strengths.) And then the other projects I had been working on fall to the wayside for a while. Right now, I have quite a lot that I am in the middle of. Just look at this list:
  • Halloween quilt
  • minky quilt
  • rag quilt
  • mini album about my Florida trip in 2012
  • 3 mini albums about my Disneyland trip with my sisters (1 for each of us)
  • Project Life type album with older photos
  • The History Project
  • favorite photos album
  • a surprise album for someone (I don't think she reads this, but you never know)
  • December Daily albums from 2012 & 2013
Not to mention all the cleaning and organizing that I really need to do. And the cards I make for card drives and whenever I need them. Oh and Project Life, which I am in my 6th year of doing. (And I still love it!) And I may have missed some things. See why I sometimes say I don't have time to work? And it's exactly why I'm never bored at home! So if you hear me talking about starting a new project, remind me of this goal. I may or may not listen. :)

I actually started a new blog. I don't know why, since I don't update this one very often. But since I now have a decent internet connection, I decided that I wanted a place to share my crafty creations, and then I would keep this blog as more of a personal one. So I'll see how it goes. And if either of the two of you who I know read this want to see my creative endeavors, then I hope you will join me over at my creative mess!

Well, I'm off to work on a project. Don't worry, it will be one from the list! Maybe. :) Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Trisha said...

A) congrats on the wi-fi
2) Good job on posting
D) There was some kind of study on resolutions that said if you make more than 3 you are less likely to complete any of them.
But since yours are all stuff you are planning on doing anyway, resolving or not, you'll do it. :)
And 4) Still great job on posting.