Monday, June 9, 2014

dad

This is my dad.




He's got a bit of a goofy grin in this photo, but it's kind of his personality all the same. :)

I took this photo on his birthday a week ago. 

There was a time just over eight years ago where we didn't know if he would make it to his next birthday. He had an infection that lead to an anoxic brain injury. After about three months in hospitals and care centers, he was able to come home. His life, and our whole family's really, was quite different after that. He had driven himself to the hospital in April, but when we brought him home, he could no longer work, drive, walk without a walker, or use his hands very well. He also has short-term memory loss and trouble speaking. But he is still with us, and that's the most important thing. I am very grateful for that.

The last few months, he has had some other health problems. He has to go to the doctor for a test tomorrow. I'm hoping and praying that the results are something that is easily fixed, but I know there is a very real possibility that it is something very serious. I'm worried.

No comments: