Wednesday, July 20, 2011

i'm really bummed right now

I took today off work, and my mom and I went to Black Bear Diner for breakfast and then did some shopping at Gardner Village. I bought a very cute purse and some Halloween ornaments for my little Halloween tree that my sister gave me for Christmas one year. (I also bought a surprise for someone, who will find out what it is eventually. Hee hee!) And then I went home and worked on some cards for awhile. Later, Mom and I went out to dinner to our favorite restaurant, Rafael's. When our server brought the check, he also handed us an envelope. It was a letter from the owner informing their customers that they are closing on July 30. I am really bummed!! I love that place! There is no place that has better Mexican food! Plus, it's a family-owned restaurant that has been in business for over 30 years, and I hate to see them lose out to chain restaurants. I've been going to Rafael's quite often (probably once a month on average) for as long as I can remember, and I'm really sad that I won't be able to go there anymore. Mom and I are planning on going back at least once more, but it's going to be really sad. I am going to miss their enchiladas, tacos, chimichangas, fried ice cream, strawberry banana liquadas and their salsa. No place does Mexican food better. I'm just totally and completely bummed.

2 comments:

tammy said...

That's too bad. I thought they always did a good business. I hate it when my favorite things go away. Better go there every night until they close.

Trisha said...

Moving to that new location just killed them- you couldn't see them from the main road anymore! Very sad.