Thursday, July 7, 2011

kids say the darnedest things

8-old-nephew while we were playing Apples to Apples and no one was picking his answer:
"I wish I was playing this game with smart people instead of stupid people who don't know how to play!"

same 8-year-nephew also during Apples to Apples after he picked math as matching fearful:
Me: "Why are you scared of math? You're good at math!"
Nephew: "I'm scared that I'll never get a wrong answer and I'll never know what it feels like to get a wrong answer!"

5-year-old niece who wanted to sit on my lap while Gaston was sitting to my left and 6-year-old niece was sitting on my right knee:
"I don't want to sit next to evil [Gaston]!"

6-year-old niece just talking to me:
"I'm really more of a meat girl. I like my steaks pink and juicy!"

same 6-year-old niece talking to her gram while staying at my house for a few days:
Gram: "Do you think your brother and sister miss you?"
Niece: "Well, my sister does, because she loves me."
Apparently her brother doesn't? :)

same 6-year-old niece just talking to me:
Niece: "I wish I lived here with you."
Me: "That would be fun, but wouldn't you miss your mom and dad?"
Niece: "No I mean my whole family should live here with you."
That would be nice and cozy - the 6 of them and the 3 of us in a house that really isn't big.

15-year-old nephew a couple years ago, talking to his cousin after surprising me and giving me a hug:
"You have to be nice to her. She's the one who spoils you."

Gotta love those kids! I don't know if you'll find them as funny as do since you don't know them, but I wanted to post it anyway so I don't forget them.

Bummer news - the internet company that I had come to my house on Tuesday to finally hook up high-speed internet couldn't get a signal because there are too many trees in the way, so I'm still using dial-up. I was so excited to finally have high-speed and now I have to find a different company to go through. What a pain! I took a vacation day from work and so I kind of feel like I just wasted a day off. Oh well. There are worse things that could happen.

Oh and sorry if you are getting tired of looking at the cards I have made for the card class. I have to post pictures of them somewhere before I can upload them to the class site and be eligible for prizes. But hey, at least it's making me update my blog a few times a week. ;)

1 comment:

tammy said...

Those are so funny.